Technology and co-working
Disruption: the new normal in Perth
With a well-educated, multi-cultural and multi-lingual workforce, Perth has a rapidly evolving start-up and innovation ecosystem. In 2015, there were 335 technology and active digital start-ups in Western Australia, an increase of 235% over the past two years. There are approximately 3,000 people working in creating early stage scalable technology start-ups and 24 supporting shared work spaces in central Perth.
Research is being undertaken across a range of sectors, including involvement in eight out of the twelve disruptive technologies with the greatest potential for economic impact [McKinsey & Company, 2013], including automation of knowledge work, advanced robotics, autonomous and near autonomous vehicles, Internet of Things, energy storage, advanced oil and gas exploration and recovery, advanced materials and renewable energy.
The State Government has also created a $16.7 million New Industries Fund to encourage growth of new companies in technology and innovation.
We are here to support you and your business
The unprecedented levels of public and private investment have fuelled dramatic changes in Perth and there is no better time to establish or relocate your business here.
If you would like to find out more about how the City of Perth can assist you and your business, please contact us.
The Economic Development Team can provide the following services:
- Guidance – Informing prospective operators about Perth.
- Investment facilitation - Assisting investors to find suitable products in Perth.
- A coordinated approach – Assisting prospective operators to navigate their way through government and guidance for the approvals process.
- Making connections – Facilitating introductions to industry leads.
- Funding – Grants and sponsorships are available.
- Contact the City of Perth to make enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org